Thursday, October 25, 2012

Project Refashion: Entry 2

This look didn't quite go as planned. I completely ran out of time, and fabric so I wasn't able to make the ensemble I had originally intended to for Entry 2. Here is how it turned out...

Instead of the grey ruffle top I used this black beaded blouse.

I dismantled the front and back yoke so that I could reassmble it using the different blue fabrics.

This insert was originally black, but to help tie the skirt in I used the same fabric as the skirt.

The finished garment! Man, this dress has got some unintentional Rihanna shoulders goin' on...

I really like the back!



This model, Emily, is also a good friend and she has modeled for me before. She did such a great job the first time, and she is just stunning, so asking her again was a no brainer.

These two garments, along with the garments made by all the other students in the class, will be showcased and sold in a Trunk Show at Express Yourself Clothing on Friday November 9, from 7:00pm-9:00pm.
Voting will take place for the "People's Choice Award" so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Blue dress project...hmmmm....Star Trek comes to mind. ha ha! I like the blue background for the pretty design on the black lace, tho. Hope you can work THAT combo in to a DIFFERENT design in the future. ...not future, future...like Star Trek, but SOMEtime within the next 2 yrs. :)

    ReplyDelete